Where to Begin?





Where to Begin?


"Vulnerable Strength"  Really....?  That's what you want to call this blog???
Who in the world is going to read beyond this crazy title?  Anyone??? Bueller,,,,, Bueller.....??? 

Why is it that I have to think and rethink myself out of EVERY.... SINGLE..... THING, that I feel called to do?  The lies in my heads are loud and clear - THIS IS STUPID!  You are not good enough, or worthy enough to share....haven't you learned your lesson yet?

The proverbial angel on my right shoulder says - "You are worthy"...."You are uniquely made....and your stories have meaning"...."You have purpose".

The Questions is?.....what am I doing here? What do I want to do with this blog?  I have TONS of thoughts.  It all started with me watching my son grow and change, and I find myself up every night reminiscing about the good, the bad, and the downright crazy that has occurred over my life time and his....how life goes and how it doesn't.     

That's how this all started.  A blog about reflecting on life's ins and outs, ups and downs, past and future.  This blog is not meant to gain tons of praise or a humongous following, but, I want it to be just a small safe place to chat about things that have been and things to come.  A place to be honest and share hope... a place for peace and reflection... and a place to get real about some pain that has been overcome. 

A place to discuss how life's precious, and not so precious moments have taught me something about who I am and where I came from.  Maybe even where I am headed. 

To be able to create this space means to be vulnerable about my past, present and future.  To be open about who I am and what has gone on in my life.  SCARY! WTH!  You might be thinking, "Gurllllll, why in your RIGHT mind would you emotionally undress yourself for others to see?!".   

My answer:  because I have spent 46 years bottling up and collecting thoughts, pictures, hopes, dreams, opinions, poetry, writing, and hours and hours of  inspiring memes, quotes, podcasts, videos, sound bits, etc.  As if these things were meant for me alone....  

These collectable goods and experiences that I keep to myself .....that we all keep to ourselves.....when we share them, leads to connectedness with others as we come out of our self imposed corners.  

Doing this is frightening and takes courage and "might" (synonym for strength).  But, my hope is that everyone who takes a little step forward being vulnerable with themselves, and their stories, will find that they are not alone.  

They will find that they are not alone in their loneliness....and that they can start to identify with others showing and sharing compassion and kindness with openness and honesty.  And that people (even one person) may discover that by reaching out and sharing our stories and lifetime collectibles, maybe we can make our world a little less isolating and a little more hopeful.  

Vulnerable Strength - may it be our fuel to move forward finding ways to become closer, connected, and kind so that we can all change our future, one little step at a time.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sticks and Stones